- Kabocha Squash 1 whole
- Ghee 1/2 tbsp
- Olive oil 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Honey or Brown Sugar pinch (optional)
- Cinnamon pinch (optional)
- Additional seasonings optional
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop one whole Kabocha squash into 4 big sections first, from there it’s easier to cut into smaller pieces.
- Mix the pieces in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp of ghee and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and combine.
- Place the pieces on parchment paper over a baking sheet, added a pinch of salt, a pinch of brown sugar (optional), and 2 pinches of cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
You can omit the ghee and only use olive oil if preferred.
Food prescription highlights
Kabocha squash is rich in Immune supporting Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. The plant-based Omega 3’s and Vitamin A content also nourishes skin and gut health.