- Hazelnut milk 1 cup
- I strongly recommend Elmhurst Farms Unsweetened Hazelnut Milk
- Dark Maple syrup 1.5 tbsp
- Chia seeds 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract 1tsp
- Cocoa 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon pinch
- Berries or Bananas 1/2 cup
- Add hazelnut milk or your dairy-free milk of choice, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat top with 1/2 cup of berries or bananas.
You can substitute stevia or monk fruit, if so add a small amount of sweetener at a time and adjust according to your taste preference.
Food prescription highlights
- Hazelnuts are rich in cholesterol-lowering Omega 9 fatty acids and have also been proven to lower blood pressure
- Chia seeds are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and can help with increasing our good cholesterol HDL and support overall gastrointestinal health and alleviate constipation.
- Cocoa is rich in antioxidants that can increase brain health and lift the mood. It also may reduce blood pressure.
- Bananas are a prebiotic which helps our gut make probiotics.
- Cinnamon is one of the top 5 highest antioxidant foods which also aids in balancing our blood sugar.